When on a ketogenic diet sometimes you will need some extra electrolytes.
Powerade Zero is the perfect low carb diet drink for when you don’t want to drink water.
Is Powerade Zero Keto-Friendly?
Powerade Zero is keto-friendly in the sense that it will not kick you out of Ketosis. It contains artificial sweeteners that are not helpful to your health. However, they should have a minimum impact on your blood sugar and insulin levels.
What are Powerade Zero Nutrition Fact?
Taste of Powerade Zero
Powerade Zero comes in 6 different flavors that are amazing when you need some extra electrolytes on your low-carb diet. They are a little bit too sweet for my tastes so I break one bottle into three servings and add water to fill the rest of the bottle. I’ve been feeling much more energized after working out. Obviously this is artificially sweetened, but the aftertaste is not terribly apparent in the flavor.
I’ve lost a lot of weight, and I attribute it to my making the switch off of soda exclusively to these.
They all taste very similar to ones created with sugar.
- Powerade Zero uses Sucralose and Acesulfame K as the added sweeteners, which are not exaclty keto-friendly but will not kick you of of ketosis.
Powerade Benefits for a Ketogenic Diet
- No Calories- There are no calories in Powerade Zero making it a great treat to add to your weight loss journey.
- Electrolytes- electrolytes are essentials on a keto diet as the diet can be dehydrating and drain you of important minerals to help you RETAIn the water that you drink.
- Supports Energy Metabolism-ontains ION4, an advanced electrolyte system that replenishes four electrolytes lost in sweat. It also contains Vitamins B3, B6, and B12. However, because these vitamins are added does not mean that it’s as nutrition as getting the vitamin from a whole food. Whole foods will always triumph added vitamins.
Alternative to Powerade Zero
- Gaterade Zero Thirst Quencher- This is a pretty great substitute for Powerade Zero and some say actually taste BETTER.
- Bone Broth- Bone broth will supply you will all of the elctrolytes you need for successful keto dieting.
- Water- Yup, water is a great alternative with no added….anything ( Yes, that is a lame joke).
Facts about Powerade Zero
- You can not drink Powerade Zero while fasting
- Powerade Zero will not cause diarrhea ( If it has, it’s not well documented)
- It can help with the keto flu
- It can cause you to crave actual sugar once you eat the food. This is detrimental to your success on a low carb diet.
Where to Buy Powerade Zero?
Amazon is a great place to start looking when starting your low-carb diet. You can find them for about 62 cents each at the below link.
You can also find Powerade at almost all grocery stores to include HEB, Walmart, Fred Meyer, Krogers, Brothers, and Safeway.
Powerade Zero Sports drink is keto-approved and may help ween you off unhealthy habits such as drinking soda. It also provides you with extra electrolytes which helps you when you are dehydrating.
Check out other Ketogenic Friendly Products